I am going to pick this brief apart.
Line by Line
Sentence by Sentence
I will bleed this sucker dry.
I had hoped this rumour was not true.
I guess it really is a drill.
Dry your eyes soldier. We have a job to do!
The target markets available:
- Design Students
- DIY Hobbyists
- Enthusiast Hobbyists (Prosumers)…I will presume Enthusiastic was meant.
- Professional Trades People
Quick Pros and Cons of each Market:
- Easy to gain research from fellow students.
- Style dependant
- One style aesthetically pleasing to all
- Heavy usage.
- Easily dropped, Must be shock resistant
- Style is not essential to all customers due to it being a hobby (Style usually isnt a factor. Function is.)
- Ease of use. No complicated buttons or functions
- Comfort is essential.
Enthusiastic Hobbyists (Prosumers)
- Quality Aesthetics
- Durability is essential
- Ease of use
- Easy Recharge
Professional Trades People
- Extremely High Quality
- Aesthetically Beautiful.
- Could possess multi-functions
- Attach a Brand to it. Pre-existing? Bosch. DeWALT. Stanley.
- It cannot look cheap.
- High quality finish.
- Showcase a variation of textures.
- Additions – e.g. Drill Bit Holder.
From this short task I believe I may be leaning more towards the markets of ‘Design Sutdents’ and ‘DIY Hobbyists’. I believe that these two markets would want to have more for their money in terms of additions and functionality of a product when compared to the other two markets.
Things may change.
They always do.
The schedule said that we were meant to begin the project on the 13th which means I am already behind schedule. I plan to create a project guide that will allow me to do thorough research into the market that I will be exploring.
I plan on getting the market research and the design concepts started by the end of next week (The 24th of March)
Over and Out.